Re: [BRHSlist] coaches

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] coaches
From: Ralph Brown <cbq682@g...>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 14:47:29 -0500
According to the May 2001 issue of Model Railroader magazine, on page 129
Walthers
advertises the ready-to-run Budd passenger cars as:

"New Walthers ready-to-run Budd cars have details you want: car interiors, metal
GSC truck sideframes, blacked metal wheelsets, working diaphragms and car number
decals. New interior door and wall detail is visible through the end and Dutch
door windows. Car comes with modern Amtrak car ends, HEP receptacles and
underbody detail, or with as-constructed car end, skirting and steam-heat
underbody details as appropriate. May Delivery."

SRP - $31.98 Each

I know this still doesn't quite answer the main question, however I hope it will
help describe what Walthers is offering. Both of the photographs shown in the ad
are of Amtrak versions, and they are offering the cars in Amtrak Phases I, II,
III, & IV. This ad may of been produced to target the Amtrak modeler.

I also noticed on page 25 of the same magazine that a model railroad store out
of
Moreno Valley, CA is accepting "Advance Reservation - Items Due May-June" for
the
cars at the price of $22.97. I hate to skip out on my local hobby shop, but the
discount prices are sometimes hard to pass up.

Ralph W. Brown, Jr.
BHRS Member
Galesburg, IL