Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Confession

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Confession
From: drale99@a...
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 13:09:04 EDT
No no! Sorry about the politics. Just telling how I was brought up. Never
would I suggest a Q guy should turn UP. The big thing was the trucks. Back
in those days, truckers were only a threat to the railroads. (compared with
today, when they virtually own the transpotation business.) You could still
fight them, and railroaders did. I remember my dad rushing out of the depot,
running down the track, shouting and gesturing frantically at a trucker that
was trespassing on RR property. He chased the culprit away and told him not
to come back! This was serious business!! In those days railroads did most
of the shipping, even to small town shippers. Truckers were beginning to
muscle their way into this part of the business. Sorry to be getting so far
off the subject, but couldn't avoid the comments about some of the old things
almost long forgotten.

DRale Reeves