Mendota Landmark

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Mendota Landmark
From: kammfive@a...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:45:17 EDT
While touring Mendota last Saturday, I noticed a large water tower near the
BNSF (ex Q) tracks and near the Del Monte plant. This tower is south of the
tracks and east of the 1st Avenue crossing. It appears to be of the standard
design used by the Burlington.

I had never visited Mendota until very recently, so I am not familiar with
the steam era arrangements. However, I believe this is the area where the
mainline coaling station was. Is this water tower a former Q structure that
has been absorbed by the Del Monte operation?

Thanks,

Al Kamm
kammfive@a...