SD20s?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com, wsorfanclub@l...
Subject: SD20s?
From: JACKGP20@a...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:04:45 EDT
Hi Gang,

As we all know, EMD built GP20s and SD24s for the Burlington and other
railroads. Their was no such thing as an SD20.

It came as a big surprise when I saw SD20s listed on the Wisconsin & Southern
roster. I checked my references and found out that 42 locomotives were
rebuilt by Illinois Central Gulf in 1979 for use on the ICG, and were called
SD20s.

Can anyone tell us what locomotives the SD20s were rebuilt from.

Cheers,

Jack Grasso