Re: [BRHSlist] era of train control box and mars light on 4-6-4's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] era of train control box and mars light on 4-6-4's
From: amtrak347@a...
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:28:40 EDT
Scott, Marshall, List -
These "train control boxes" were actually Automatic Cab Signal equipment
boxes for use in service from Union Avenue to Savanna Yard. The only use of
ATS/ATC I know of, is on locomotives used in service from Sterling, IL to
Agnew, IL via the C&NW, which, I doubt, ever saw the use of an O-5 or S-4.
ATS/ATC will actually stop a train where Automatic Cab Signals will not.
Page 118 of Bulletin #33 states that the 3001 received a Mars light, but
never ATC (should read Automatic Cab Signals). Excellent Bulletin, with the
exception of its reference to train control.
Bob Campbell