RE: [BRHSlist] Turntable sizes

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Turntable sizes
From: mmatalis@s...
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:45:36 -0500
The TipUp just formally closed their interchange with the BNSF at Canton,
which implies (but does not prove) that there was interchange back in the
days of the Q. I would assume that both railroads served Harvester since
they both skirted the property. (By the way, my brother who was a design
engineer for Harvester, was absolutely livid over the closing of the Canton
plant, calling it one of the best plants that Harvester had.)

Mike Matalis
Downers Grove IL
mmatalis@s...

Nolen:

Oh, I dunno 'bout that! Who switched International Harvester at Canton? Did
the Q and Tip Up interchange traffic at that point? What type and which
direction?

Ed