VO-1000 Cab Windows

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: VO-1000 Cab Windows
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 13:05:48 EST
Lenny,

I'm sending this to the list.  I didn't realize what you meant until I pulled
one of the Stewart's out and looked at some of the photos I have.  It looks
like a mixed bag (as is true of much of the "stuff" on these units).  Several
photos of the 4 stack units I have seem to indicate that the windows are
blanked out (painted over?).  Several Chicago units (one-stackers) definitely
show the windows are not blanked out (Spoor's CB&Q in Color Volume 1, pages
13 and page 17).

It seems the Chicago Division and the St. Joe's Division really did treat
their fleets of VO-1000's differently.  I will do some more looking at other
sources of photos I have.

Rich