Re: [BRHSlist] Oriental Limited tender on eBay

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Oriental Limited tender on eBay
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:54:29 -0600
From: <atsf3460@a...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 10:42 PM
Subject: [BRHSlist] Oriental Limited tender on eBay

> Right now there is a Burlington Route "converted R2" tender on eBay for
sale
> from Oriental Limited. Can anyone tell me what in the world this was used
> for? Man I wish I was able to buy brass back in the '80s when Oriental
> Limited was doing all sorts of "Q" brass.

It wouldn't have been an R-2 (Prairie) tender as-built . . . those were the
shorty style on express trucks, like the NPP K-2 tender. This one appears
to represent a standard roll-top tender, such as supplied on S-1s and S-2s
or R-4s and R-5s, which has had the "roll" replaced with straight coalboards
for switcher service.

Marshall