Re: [BRHSlist] Electrification of the CB&Q

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Electrification of the CB&Q
From: hold-on@s...
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 23:46:18 -0800
Ed and others
Public Funding??? The Aurora Elevation and the Chicago Elevations both were done
by the Railroad with little out side contractors and both done under traffic.
Gary can you image running a train from the elevation to the ground level at
Benton St before the rest was done?? The Aurora Elevation was built with three
tracks replacing two on the ground level with the idea it could be expanded to
five tracks.
SJH