Re: [BRHSlist] Pickle Cars on the Q

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Pickle Cars on the Q
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:56:30 -0800
Cynthia & Duncan Cameron wrote:

> Ken, you had to suspect that I would ask this, but is there a date on the
> picture of the pickle car owned by the Keokuk canning company? I'm guessing
> that it was gone by the early sixties of my layout, but it's not a shipper
> that I was aware of. Thanks.
> Duncan

Duncan

Th picture was taken by Corbin in the late 30's and I would guess like the Q
pickle car it was gone by the late 50's. According to the Bulletin it was used
to haul cucumbers from Exline and Downing to the plant in Keokuk. They also
had a billboard Reefer leased from the Q that they used to haul tomatoes from
outside the Keokuk area. I wonder if they became part of the big operation
there which at the minute I can't remember their name. Hubinger?

Ken Martin