Re: [BRHSlist] Lines West

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Lines West
From: drale99@a...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:50:33 EST
Hi Todd. I can relate to Central City and Minden. I worked in Central City
one summer when I was at NU. Have a niece who teaches there. Have many
relatives in and around Minden (the Bergstens). I lived on the
Aurora-Burwell branch at Palmer, Wolbach, and Elyria. I was on this RR when
they still had passenger trains in the early 30's. I went into the service
from Palmer, and when I had to go to Kansas City for Navy V-5 exams, my dad
(who was depot agent at Palmer) got me a pass on the Burlington to KC, and I
rode the way-car to Aurora.
Those branches are all long gone. Can't even find signs of where they were
in some towns. Very depressing for someone who grew up on the RR.
I live in upstate NY where I don't see many Burlington fans. Good to be in
touch with you.
Dale Reeves