Re: [BRHSlist] Lines West

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Lines West
From: drale99@a...
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:35:04 EST
Hi Scott
Glad to hear from a Lines West railroader. I can't help you regarding South
Souix City. I was further west on the Lincoln Division, on the mains to
Denver and Billings
and on the Aurora-Burwell branch. I used to go thru Ashland often later on
when I lived in Omaha. Ravenna was a great place. A small town occupied
mostly by railroaders. Division point with roundhouse, turntable and yards.
I'm talking back in the 30's and 40's, when this line was busy with freight,
passenger, and cattle trains.
No streamliners or O5's, but they ran 7000's and double-headed mikes. Used
to be a very busy RR. Today mostly coal, and Ravenna isn't much of a RR town
anymore.
Dale Reeves