Re: Galesburg web site

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Galesburg web site
From: bill@b...
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:14:46 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., KPMF16@a... wrote:
> Bill,
>
> What a great web site! I nearly died and went to heaven when I saw the
> opening picture. It's the way Galesburg looked when I met my bride to be. I
> assume someone took it from the water tower. What year was it taken in?
>
> Ken Thompson

Ken,

It MUST have been taken from the water tower!! The date I have is
April 1968. Although, I do not know the photographer, it appears to be
a company photo. Fear not, I plan on posting it elsewhere on the site
without the "graffiti" Give me a couple days and you can have a "title
free" shot! That photo sure is a winner! Golly, I'm glad somebody had
the idea to take it back then!

Thanks for the kind words about the site. I'll keep working on it as
time allows. If you have any old snapshots you'd care to share from
Galesburg or any nearby burgs... I can use all the help I can get!

Yours sincerely,

Bill Selleck

http://www.billselleck.net