Re: [BRHSlist] La Belle CW- 6 Combine Waycar

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] La Belle CW- 6 Combine Waycar
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@i...>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 21:22:50 +1300
Tom
There are photos of CW-6's in BRHS publications as follows:
Waycar #3975 (CW-6) Newcastle (4/19) BB34 89
Waycar #3975 (CW-6) Plattsmouth (1910) BB16 22
Waycar #3980 (CW-6) (as B&MR #86) (1894) BB34 64-5
Waycar #3992 (CW-6) (c1925) BB35 150
Waycar #3997 (CW-6) (4/50) Z 40 8
There are more black & white photos and a drawing in "Waycars of the CB&Q"
(Holbrook & Lorenz).
The only colour photo I've found is of #3971 (CW-7, but it looks very
similar to me) which is on the front cover of the book. This shows the
whole waycar to be mineral red (including the underbody and trucks) except
the roof. I can't find any date indication for the photo, but it is listed
as scrapped in February 1954.
The class covered 22 waycars built between 1867 and 1880 at 7 or 8 different
locations, varying in length between 42' and 52', so there is no standard
design.
Hope this helps.

Rupert