Re: [BRHSlist] La Belle CW- 6 Combine Waycar

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] La Belle CW- 6 Combine Waycar
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 23:44:29 -0600
From: "TOM KOCH" <tom.koch@a...>
To: "'BRHSlist@o...'" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 5:24 PM
Subject: [BRHSlist] La Belle CW- 6 Combine Waycar

> Greetings,
>
> I was wondering if anybody has built one of the LaBelle CW-6 Combine
> Waycars? Looking for some basic feedback on the kit. Is it fairly
accurate
> (it looks like it is from the picture on the website)? What trucks would
be
> appropriate. The photograph is not as clear as I'd like to be able to
> determine.

The CW classes were determined by carbody length after the fact, and most
cars within a CW class didn't quite match for details. The pic I saw of the
LaBelle car seemed about right, but without knowing the specific number
modeled and having photos of that car, it's hard to judge. Most CWs were on
8' wb heavyweight trucks. If you have any old Central Valleys hidden around
the layout room, that should come very close.

> The pictures I have look like the Roof, trucks and underbody are black
with
> the remainder of the car the typical Mineral Red. Can anybody confirm? I
> am interested in seeing color photo's of this car or others if anybody can
> direct me to a book, website or provide copies, I would appreciate it.

The Lorenz & Holbrook "Waycars" book has a color pic of a CW on the cover,
but I can't find my copy off-hand. Boxcar red with black underbody & trucks
is correct. All lettering was white. It looked to me as though the roof
weretarred canvas rather than black paint, but I can't be sure.

Marshall