Re: [BRHSlist] Wooden boxcar XM?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Wooden boxcar XM?
From: Joseph O Antosiak <ColoradoSouthern@j...>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:33:00 -0500
Dang. I read the BRHS Freight Car Data Sheet on the XM-25/26 cars, which
states that the XM-19s were built with "...steel center sills", so I
assumed that they _didn't_ have truss rods. I should have known better,
as "truss rods" does not necessarily equate to "wood underframe". :-(

Cheers,
--JoeA.

On Sun, 04 Mar 2001 23:07:38 -0800 Ken martin <kmartin@c...> writes:
> The folio sheet for the XM-19 shows outside bracing and truss rods,
> Numbered
> 113400-113499 they were built in 1913. They are described as outside
> wood
> frame and steel center sills. I know of no photos of these cars.
>
> Ken Martin
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!