Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Psgr F-3's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q Psgr F-3's
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 16:19:05 EST
In a message dated 3/3/01 2:56:14 PM Central Standard Time, zephyr@k...
writes:

<< > Hello Folks,

> The new Stewart Passenger F-3's in HO for CB&Q don't appear to be the
correct
> "chicken wire" F-3's. Does any HO super detail supplier make a chicken
wire
> detail to correct this?
>
> Hubert >>
Hubert,

I have not seen a picture of the F 3's but I would bet that one thing that is
wrong they don't have passenger pilots and I am not sure if they have the
steam generators. Other than that they should be really close. However I have
not seen them.

Yes 9960-62 ABC were used in freight service after being bumped from Zephyr
Service. They were repainted without a number change but served in frieght
service in the silver passenger paint. And also they never recieved dynamic
brakes.

They were also the only Q F units with the grabs above the windsheilds... as
the E units had.

Hope this helps
Loren