Re: [BRHSlist] One more on SD40s

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] One more on SD40s
From: amtrak347@a...
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 13:58:24 EST
While checking the photo on p. 30, I noticed the photo on p. 42 of the
Bi-Centennials taken from the Columbia St. overpass. That's me waving from
the cab of the 1776; I remember being "POed" because they put the GE on the
point - had to power brake all the dips so the EMD's wouldn't run into us.
Train was run on a "schedule" made up by someone who didn't know running
times on the C&I. Had to "kill time" coming into Oregon, then ran late into
Savanna. When I tried to "chisel" a little on the speed going up Stratford,
the Roadforeman, R.H. "Fat Boy" Flaar, #2, jumped out of the fireman's seat
and told me to "slow it down". In those days it was a rare trip to be able
to accelerate up (W/B) Stratford.
Bob Campbell