KATO SD40, CB&Q or C&S?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: KATO SD40, CB&Q or C&S?
From: tgcostello@a...
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:42:28 EST
Fellow Q'listers:

So far, we have established that:
the Q did not operate any SD40s
the C&S did
Kato identified their model as a Burlington SD40, fooling all the
non-devotees

Well, I've got one of those "mis-labeled" SD40s in my closet and someday soon
it's going to see the light of day. What I would like to know is, what
markings on these units distinguished them as C&S power?

My photographic reference is pretty lean. A photo of C&S 883 on page 40 of
CTC Board 11/95 doesn't show any C&S ID above the numberboard. Just what
additional lettering is warranted to accurately model these handsome units?

thanks
Tim Costello
Irvine, CA