Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q 4960

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q 4960
From: "Harold S. Huber Jr." <sarge912@h...>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 14:14:26 -0700
Yes, I was fortunate enought to take the school trip in Casper, But not my
first steam trip on the Q the first was for my birthday in 1954 Thermopolis
to Bonneville, Fall1962 football trip from Casper to Cheyenne Jr.'s and
Sr.'s got to go, Fall 1963 the trip had a diesel at the helm.
Harold

> "The 4960 joined [the school trip schedule] on April 27 [1963] with a
Kansas
> City-East Leavenworth jaunt, then moved to St. Joseph, Council Bluffs and
> Aurora, Nebraska. Moving to the far western portion of the system, trips
> with the Mikado ran out of Alliance, Sheridan, Billings,Thermopolis,
Casper,
> Scottsbluff, Sterling and Ft. Morgan. It was then on to Denver for a
Rocky