Bloomer Line

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Bloomer Line
From: JACKGP20@a...
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 21:56:11 EST
Hi Gang,

I remember sometime ago that one of our members mentioned the locomotives
painted in CB&Q red and gray on the Bloomer Line, a short line in central
Illinois.

I recently obtained an old copy of Trains magazine which had a photo of 2
Bloomer geeps pulling a freight. I consulted the American Short Line Railway
Guide and found out that the lead loco was a GP9 (#91). It had its short hood
chopped and looked just like a CB&Q GP20 less dynamic brakes and extra
headlights.

I have found that I have become very interested in this short line. I can't
find a web sight for it. I would appreciate any information on the
operations, roster, speed limits, and any other info on this baby CB&Q.

Thanks,

Jack Grasso