Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Finishing Shoreham Shops TCZ Cars

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Finishing Shoreham Shops TCZ Cars
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 00:35:04 EST
In a message dated 2/17/01 10:23:50 PM Central Standard Time,
haug@i... writes:

<< I can usually cover up the unsightly appearance, but only if I use a
really flat finish coat.

Glen:

What I did to my Denver Zephyr cars was to strip them down to the raw nickel
platting. After trying almost every stripper under the sun with no results at
all I headed over to the auto paint store and bought "THE PEELER". That got
right down to the nickel plating. I think the cars will look much better
getting off that awful coating that Shoreham put on them origionally.
Although I really didn't have a choice since the DZ Cars had runs in the
coating. The Twin cars that I bought to complete the consist were better....
although to match the origional cars.... I had to strip them as well.

I also had 5 of the DZ Cars that I spent alot of time putting detail parts
back on..... again the Twin cars were better.

Good Luck
Loren Johnson