diesel disease

To: <PROTOTYPEmodeler@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: diesel disease
From: "Jim Six" <jimsix@n...>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:20:31 -0500
Cc: "Earl Murphy" <emurphy@e...>, <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Y'all,

I need help. After modeling northern railroad equipment for most of my life I
took on modeling southeastern prototypes. I have a sizable collection of both
Yankee and Southeastern locomotives. Last week I took in a P2K CB&Q GP30 as a
"player to be named later" from an earlier trade. Well, after first doing some
reasonable detailing and weathering, then trying to sell it, I started
thinking, wouldn't this model look great with more prototype specific detail
and a first-rate weathering job.

So, you guessed it. Now I am the proud owner of a very detailed and
nicelyweathered BURLINGTON ROUTE red-and-gray GP30. Great looking model. But, .
. . what the hell am I going to do with it? Simple, it will be pool power for
NYC and PRR trains that I hope to operate at different times. She will look
great coupled with an NYC GP20 and NYC GP30 (if P2K offers a phase-1 GP30 in
NYC paint. It will also look great coupled with my PRR GP30. This is one of the
aspects of modeling the diesel scene that is rather difficult to do accurately
during the steam era.

Now, I will have to make more scans of this CB&Q model to replace the images I
already have on Photopoint that were made before the "face-lift."

Back to the prototype, . . . last week we briefly discussed the CB&Q
locomotives running through onto the NYC and PRR. Did they ever get onto the
B&Oor the N&W out of Chicago or St.Louis?

Jim Six

Visit my Photopoint website at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumlist?u=205020