Re: [BRHSlist] New Commuter car photo

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] New Commuter car photo
From: "Karl L Rethwisch" <karlre@r...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:20:47 -0700
Dave,

I will agree with Eric, that's Ottawa. We used to have to get people out of a
bar, behind the engine and on the Engineer's side in your picture, to move
their cars away from the curb so as to clear the engine on our way to Sreator
and LaSalle on no. 85. If I remember right the street was quite wide just over
the depot crossing and the curb was nearly at the edge of the ties. A car
parked close to the curb would foul the track causing us to have to find its
owner, talk some sense into him and have the car moved. One particular Engineer
got tired of this routine and, as we headed out on the bridge, a few parts of a
Buick came with us. THAT car was never parked along the curb after that
incident.

Karl