Torpedos/Fusees

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Torpedos/Fusees
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:40:11 EST
Tucson was cold and Houston was warm but I only got about 15 minutes outside
each day while there. But I'm back and find some interesting e mails in the
box!
The only time I ever recall running over a torpedo(gun) was it was placed
there by someone hiding in the weeds to see if we complied w/the rules.
Fusees were another matter. I recall one switch foreman who felt their
primary purpose was to set tie piles aflame.
I do recall one night westbound struggling up Stratford and dropping a fusee
from the w/c beyond the West signal as I knew we were being followed closely.
After about 12 minutes Shoe came on the radio and asked me specifically if
I'd dropped one.Yup,but it should have burned out at least 2 minutes ago!
Needles to say I didn't release any more that night.
Leo