Re: HO scale Nickel Plate K-2

To: "BRHS list" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: HO scale Nickel Plate K-2
From: "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 11:02:31 -0600
Others may have had a different experience. I hope so. But from what I have
seen and heard about NPP C.B.&Q. K-2, 4-6-0s, many are notoriously poor
runners. In a lot of cases, they require extensive reworking to get them to run
smoothly. This can be done; I have done it. I once heard the story that, owing
to poor mechanisms, original sales of this model were so meager that the
manufacturer ended up dumping a whole production run in Canada for about $35
each. But, the best advice, as always, is not to buy anything unless you have
seen it run, and know what you are getting.