Re: [BRHSlist] Horsepower and Slow Trains.

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Horsepower and Slow Trains.
From: "Karl L Rethwisch" <karlre@r...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:22:16 -0700
Bill,

I was with Niles for a Tri County Corn Festival at mendota in the late 50's or
early 60's. On the return trip, between Earlville an Plano, I think he wanted
to "see what she was good for", 5632 that is, so he kinda let 'er run. We
clocked something close to 115 MPH just east of Merriden and he kept 'er there
for a while. Needless to say, people along Rt. 34 didn't stand a very good
chance to get too many photos.

I understand the Government is spending a lot of money studying high speed rail
transportation these days, ---- interesting.

Karl