Re: [BRHSlist] New aquisitions

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] New aquisitions
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:15:55 -0800
Cynthia & Duncan Cameron wrote:

> I wanted to let all of you know about a couple of items that have
> unexpectedly > come my way. The first is an LP recording "Sundays Only".
> <snip> I'm curious > about the LP and wondered what others were out there.

Duncan

This came up back in 1998. Here are some others mentioned at the time.

"Twilight of Steam". Volume 3. with the 5632 fan trips.
---

Record No.15 from the
Railroad Record club
Hawkins, Wisconsin 54530.

Contents
Side 1 - three cuts of O-1A mikes
side 2 - three cuts 5632 St. Paul to La Cross and return 1959.
---
"All Steamed Up!" (subtitle: "Narrated Sound Stories of Colorado & Southern
Ry.
Steam Action) is my all time favorite. It was released by
Owl Records,
1229 University Ave.,
Boulder Colorado
as ORLP-9 sometime in the late 1950's or early 1960's.
The entire 33 1/3 RPM monaural record is of C&S (in some cases ex-CB&Q) steam
in revenue service in 1957, 1958 & 1959 on the C&S mainline north of Denver.

---

Folkway records put out some records with Q steam tracks in their
Science series. They were all recorded by a man named Vinton Wight
in the 1950's.

Folkway Records and Service Corp.
43 W. 61st St.
New York City

Sounds of Steam Locomoties No. 1
FX6152 Copyright 1958
Lib. of Cong card no. R 58-30

5352 Lincoln
4003 Lincoln
5629 Lincoln
C&S 809 Fort Collins
plus non Q

Sounds of Steam Locomoties No 2
FX6153 Copyright 1960
Lib. of Cong. card no. R 60-524

The best.
510 and the rest are all 2-8-2's in Lincoln.

No.'s 3 & 4 unknown.

Sounds of Steam Locomoties No 5
The Stack Music Spectacular
FX6156 Copyright 1978

6324 2-10-4 Frederick,Ill
Rest non Q.

Some one mentioned they got the Folkways records at cassetts from the
Smithsonian.
Don't know if still available.

Good luck finding any of them.

Ken Martin