New aquisitions

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: New aquisitions
From: "Cynthia & Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:00:12 -0500
I wanted to let all of you know about a couple of items that have unexpectedly
come my way. The first is an LP recording "Sundays Only". It's an album of
steam train sound primarily from excursion trips behind #5632. The other is a
promotional booklet of about 50 pages published by the Union Switch and Signl
Company in 1939 describing the workings and advantages of CTC using the CB&Q
line from Akron to Denver as its illustration as the longest (then) stretch of
railroad using CTC. I'm curious about the LP and wondered what others were out
there. If any of you think there might be anything in the booklet you could
use, let me know. For those who are up on signalling etc. there's probably
nothing new, but I'm glad to have it for the photographs which include a number
of shots of the Zephyr and most stations along that subdivision.

By the way, does anyone know if Marshall Thayer has a new e-mail address or if
he's been having problems? I had a message returned recently and am assuming
that another one didn't get through. Marshall, if you're out there, could you
get in touch with me?

Duncan Cameron