Re: [BRHSlist] CBQ Bi-Levels

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CBQ Bi-Levels
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 04:14:11 EST
In a message dated 1/13/01 4:09:48 PM Central Standard Time,
cmosquito@a... writes:

<< Thank you all. I would assume these cars were used as local commuters
during
their CB&Q days also. Is this correct?

Thanks again!
John >>

John,

They sometimes made it into service on other trains, although I have never
seen pictures but I have been told the Bi Levels were pressed into service on
Zephyrs during holidays when traffic was very heavy. Remember I have not
seen photos of this...

The Bi Levels also were used in special train service such as many of the
Burlington Steam Specials. As a kid I remember seeing 2 E9's and 10 of the Bi
Levels and a power car heading up the Batavia Branch to Mooseheart. It was
probably in 1965 or 66. I was at the Aurora West Side Pool's parking lot when
I saw the train.

Recently the Bi Levels have been used during Galesburg IL's Railroad Days for
the tour of the yard.....of course this is under Metra. How I miss the gons
with the benches!

Loren Johnson