Re: [BRHSlist] Steam

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Steam
From: "William Franckey" <budapest@g...>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:38:12 -0600
Greetings, I just talked with J.F. Schmid, a retired engineer in Aurora.
He remembers the way a locomotive was dedicated to cleaning out flange ways
with steam at Aurora was to connect a hose or piping to the boiler blowdown.
He worked for a short time in Eola roundhouse and had an interesting
experience while removing a plug at the mud ring from a warm boiler. I know
he was and is very aware of this boiler steam connection. Somehow we got
off on other stories so this aspect of flangeway cleaning was not explored
further.

WAF