Re: [BRHSlist] Steam

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Steam
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 15:38:24 EST
The hose you are referring to was referred to as the "squirt hose". I
believe that it was connected to the injector on the fireman's side. It was
normally used to wash down the deck and other cleanup duties. This was a
permanent part of the fixtures on a steam engine. It was below the level of
the crown sheet and brought forth primarily water at boiler pressure, which
of course flashed into steam as it came out at atmospheric pressure.

I'd be subject to correction on this by someone who has a more intimate
knowledge than I do. Mine being limited to ages 0-9 while "firing" on the
Rock Port Langdon and Northern.

Pete Hedgpeth