Re: Double Decks

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: Double Decks
From: jsauer@e...
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:39:30 -0000
And those 700 series cars are probably the last link to the steam
era. It's amazing to think that, as modern as they have always
looked, that some go back to 1950! And some were actually pulled by
steam in regular service, although only briefly. I think it was in
the Bulletin about the S-4 that there was one picture of an S-4
pulling some gallery cars. To the Burlington's and Metra's credit,
those cars have always looked in great shape. Unlike here on Long
Island - they don't know from car washing on the Long Island Railroad.

John Sauer.