HO items (CB&Q)

To: BRHS <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: HO items (CB&Q)
From: " JOHN J. OLSON & DEBBIE NIESS" <trains@m...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:16:48 -0700
I haven't seen any mention of some of the new locomotives that are due
out this year (unless I totally overlooked it) but here are some things my
fellow HO modelers and BRHS members can look forward to.

Proto 2000 just released CB&Q SD-7's in the 'Redbird' scheme- #316 & #317
(In stock)

Proto 2000 will be releasing CB&Q Phase I GP-30's (Phase I's do not have the
extended cab on the fireman's side like the Phase II's have). Numbers are
#949, #955, #967

Stewart Hobbies will soon be releasing their Baldwin VO-1000 in CB&Q- #9353,
#9365 & No # in the 'Blackbird' scheme. Photos indicate it will be the 'Way
of the Zephyrs', 'Everywhere West' scheme- not the later large BURLINGTON
scheme.

Stewart Hobbies will release (sometime 2001) CB&Q F-3 Ph II early (high
fans) in the passenger scheme (silver) as unnumbered A/B sets and a separate
single A unit to make the original CZ A-B-A sets. Since Stewart is now
making non-Dynamic Braked F units- I assume these will be the correct
non-Dyn. version.

This should make 2001 a great year for us HO modelers and with a little
luck- maybe we will see a run of Proto 2000 SD-9's in the 'Blackbird'
scheme. Hey- They have now done the SD-7's in both schemes- so who knows?
While I'm dreaming- if Stewart would make a U25C/U28C that would just about
make my Lines West locomotive roster- perfect!!! And Kato- Please make your
CB&Q N scale Budd cars in HO- Please!

John Olson
Jim's Junction
Billings, Mt.