RE: [BRHSlist] 1965 flood @ Burlington was CB&Q units in Milwaukee

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] 1965 flood @ Burlington was CB&Q units in Milwaukee
From: "Dave_Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:26:43 -0600
Most traffic was rerouted over the Santa Fe from Galesburg to Ft. Madison
and then up the K Line to Burlington.

Those more knowledgeable than I, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've
been told that westbound passenger trains were wyed at Galesburg and pulled
to Ft. Madison with SF power, so that the Q power would be headed the right
direction to head up the K Line. The eastbounds were pulled by Santa Fe
power between Ft. Madison and Galesburg, then wyed to get the Q power going
the right direction.

Dave Lotz (who also spent many hours shoveling sand into sandbags with my
scout troop)
St. Louis