Re: [BRHSlist] Mather Stock Car

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Mather Stock Car
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@i...>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:42:03 +1300
Darren

As regards the model request, take an Athern 40' stock car, carve off the
road name and number boards, cut through to create the new boards, fill in
the spaces on the upper part of the doors, trim off the vertical grab iron
support to the left of the doors, add new road name and number boards, and
you've an approximation of an SM-19B.
The only drawback is the wide board about halfway up, where a double deck
would be fitted.
There are plans and photos in Bulletin #25, and photos in Mike Spoor's CB&Q
Equipment book pages 74 & 75

Rupert

> What have others done for semi-accurate CB&Q 60's era stock cars? I would
like a small fleet for my Galesburg layout.