tank car question for Leo

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: tank car question for Leo
From: KPMF16@a...
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 01:40:18 EST
Leo,

I may have brought this up before so hit me if I'm repeating myself.

I have a picture of the Q's (BN) roundhouse area in Peoria. Alongside the
roundhouse appears to be a Q fuel service tank car. I know they had a single
fuel rack there as I took pictures of it. There was also a small pump house.
I never have seen any evidence of a diesel fuel storage tank on the
premises, however. Could it be that they pumped fuel directly from a tank
car into the switch engine via the pump house? If so were the Q's fuel
bunker tankers fitted with bottom outlets? I'm trying to come as close as I
can on my model RR as far as copying the real setup. Also anyone else know
of similar fuel servicing at other Q engine terminals?

Ken Thompson