Fire & Ice

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Fire & Ice
From: "Larry Doub" <nftrains@n...>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 20:08:10 -0000
While your on the subject of Old Man Winter,
My mother tells the stories of her childhood days with my grandfather,
George Crieghton, He was the Section gang leader out of Thomson.
She told me that she use to go out with him alot and do odd things.
She said in the winter they would go down to Edner Tower and clean
the swithces of ice and while they were in side depending on who was
working the tower, she would get to throw a switch.
And to warm you up, Alot of times in the summer when the Milwaukee
went through town, she would go out with him to check, and alot of
time put out fires started by the sparks from the locomotives.
She said he would do nothing but cus the Milwaukee, a few times they
would
have the fire out before the fire truck would get out to it.
Just thought I would Share this little bit,
I really wish he was still her today, Maybe I would have got into
the RRing buiness.
Plus all the stories I would be able to here from him that the family
don't know about.
Would put alot of end to some of the wondering about that area I bet.

Larry Doub

TO ALL: HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON AND MANY MORE AFTER.