Re: Pools

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: Pools
From: liljo@o...
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:17:00 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@egroups.com, Richard Townsend <richtownsend@n...>
wrote:
> Don't forget leased equipment if your goal is to run foreign road
power. The
> Colorado & Southern leased engines from D&RGW, GN, NP, Katy, and UP
during the
> first ggeneration diesel era. I assume that the Q must have leased
power from
> time to time. Did they?

the burlington leased in the 50's and 60's, the term used as i
remember was "borowed power", every december after the mines/pits
shut down for the holidays, f unit consist(s) from the dm&ir. if
remember correctly they showed around dec 15 or so... used until
about first of the year. 4 unit consist, remember enginmen saying
they wouldn't run fast but they sure would pull. not used on any hot
shots, mainly 78/79 and extras. there were alot of extras ran around
the last part of december trying to get foreign cars back to their
home roads.