Re: Ak Sar Ben 12" Dinner Plate

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: Ak Sar Ben 12" Dinner Plate
From: jsauer@e...
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:54:21 -0000
Which always made me wonder - back in the 60's when all the trains
were being eliminated, what did the railroads do with all of their
china and silver? Did employees take it home at bargain prices or
did they sell it off to some wholesaler? There must have been a ton
of it around at one point. Even the Santa Fe Super Chief in 1970
when I took it form Chicago to Flagstaff was still top shelf, so they
still had all that china and silver in use.

Interesting bidding on the plate.

John Sauer.