Waycar chalking

To: QUtlx1@a..., brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Waycar chalking
From: WPDiven@a...
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:11:41 EST
In a message dated 11/17/00 6:55:31 PM, qutlx1@a... writes:

<< ...the Rockfalls w/f w/c was the only one at Eola that didn't have its
initials or train marked on it for ease of identification but rather a
pheasant and everyone on the division knew which train that w/c went to!
Leo
P.S.-I can't remember have I provided the list my research on chalk marks? I
have a short list of who used what and am looking for more. >>

Leo et. al.:

This brings up a question about a photo I have of the Eola-Oregon wayfreight
at Oregon in June 1967. The waycar--NE9 13771--has "3 Bees" (with the
quotation marks) carefully chalked or painted between the cupola windows in
letters maybe 9 inches tall. Is there a story behind that anyone can share
without giving away family secrets or embarrassing anyone too much?

Regards,

Bill Diven