High Mileage Quick Trips

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: High Mileage Quick Trips
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:39:04 EST
The quickest miles I ever made (except for runaround timeslips made out in
the w/c in Hy) were 2 trips in the early BN days(but made under Q "schedules"
so I can talk about them here). One day during the implementation of COMPASS
I worked 2 relief jobs starting out of the Aurora depot back to back. We
cabbed from the depot to Sugar Grove and grabbed a train off the siding,took
it to Cicero where a cab took us directly to Aurora where we then got in
another cab and went to Big Rock for another "dead" eastbounder which we took
to HY(Cicero). Lets see 2 times 100 plus dead heads from Aurora to Sugar
Grove and then Big Rock. I think we couldn't justify the dead head from HY
back to Aurora in the middle as Cicero was our "home" terminal. We did this
in something under 6 hrs!
Then there was the the Saturday night I happened to be home and took the call
to join "Rocket" in relieving the Rockfalls W/f that had gone dead at Radley.
In less than 4 hours I was back home with 190 + miles in the bank(100 mile
day,dead head to Mendota and return and a little FTD)!
Leo