Re: [BRHSlist] The Guarantee

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] The Guarantee
From: hold-on@s...
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 23:02:15 -0800
Leo and others
Train Dispatchers also had guarantee jobs. When I walked into the office in
Cicero in 1974 there were two guarantee jobs but no one to fill them so I was
forced on to one. This resulted in when I changed from BRAC(operators and
clerks union)to the American Train Dispatchers Assoc. I had to pay full dues
and initation instead of 1/2 as an extra dispatcher. All the guarantee offered
you was you got paid for five days a week even though you did not work five. In
the 2 1/2 years or so I rode the extra board I never collected on the
Guarantee. The Asst. TM who ran our board and most of the clerks on Lines East
watched it and you worked. One time things got tight so they just abolished the
postition so the RR did not have to pay. With the move to Galesburg. There was
no guarantee jobs but a number of people got bought out a couple went back to
school and or retired. Some with not much time wound up back as operators until
a job opened. One guy transfered to Springfield but lost all his seniority and
started over at the bottom inorder to hold a job.
Steve Holding
2nd trick Union Ave Dispatcher

--
Click here for Free Video!!