Re: [Fwd: [NYC-Railroad] Aerotrain?]

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [NYC-Railroad] Aerotrain?]
From: bradslaney@w...
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 03:51:23 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@egroups.com, "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@p...> wrote:
> FYI

The Aerotrains ended their days in Suburban service on the Rock
Island. I know. I rode them from Beverly to LaSalle Street Station
many times. The were really not suited for suburban service, the
acceleration sucked. And they weren't suited for mainline service
either. They were too light and it was a common occurrence for it
not to shunt the signal circuit. There was a fairly extensive
article in one of the rail publications, Trains, I think a few years
ago. A Bibliography should aim you in the right direction.

BRAD