Re: [BRHSlist] Forwarded Posts re: Psgr Train Operations

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Forwarded Posts re: Psgr Train Operations
From: Michael <jerstauf@e...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:28:04 -0600
Kable Printing during those years as well as now, was heavy into catalog
work for such customers as Aldens mail order which is now long gone. The
mail was loaded directly into the cars from the finishing dept. via
conveyors with a couple people in the car to stack the mail. Tracks 3 &
4 both indoor tracks held I believe 6 cars each. Track 3 is gone and
track 4 recieves the bulk share if incoming paper for the Roto presses.
Waste paper is the only outbound shipment from the plant these days and
all of the mail goes by truck to chicago to be loaded on the various
RR's. At one time we did our own piggy back loading but I do not recall
the final year of operation. Hope this helps. Jerry