ICC reports

To: "BRHSlist@o..." <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: ICC reports
From: Bob Webber <zephyr1@a...>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:12:16 -0600
Yes, you can search the database - though it is hardly intuitive!

Use the search form and enter the railroad in the key word search. Problem
: this brings up the accidents that are in any way related to the railroad
or its equipment. Which might be ok. To narrow it down, but the name in
both the railroad & key word.

Interesting - I put in Rio Grande (I had found this site some time ago -
the first D&RG entry concerned an accident with one of their shays in
1912!). I found an entry for 11/26/1958 at Walsenberg on the C&S. There
was a collision where the C&S passenger train ran into the D&RGW freight on
the main (whereas the 1st class should have had rights) what makes this
one fun - the collision speed is indicated at 460 miles an hour! Now, I
know the Es ran fast, but REALLY.

Lesson: These pages were scanned and a OCR software used. You'll find a
lot of errors where the software attempted to determine the correct
character - and flubbed it. There might be a missing period (or decimal),
there may be o's instead of 0's, etc. etc. Great "fun" reading, but take
your time and figure out what's really being said. (BTW, "fun" in this
instance merely means a new look at information, quite apart from the
standard railfan resources - and does not mean to imply or state any
flippancy with regards to the very real and serious trauma experienced by
the crews, their families, co-workers and friends).

BW