Passenger List

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Passenger List
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 20:37:22 EST
As general info(since I seem to be the only trainman as compared to the
Hoggers on the list) there was a time in the 50's and 60's when the passenger
brkmns extra list at Aurora guaranteed that you wouldn't see home for days on
end. While I never had the honor; I did talk to many who did.It was a day to
day routine to work the morning or afternoon Zephyr or "Nothern" to SV and
return and when passing by Oregon,Rochelle,etc be hooped up a message saying
"protect flagmn,brkmn,exta condtr,etc on ..... upon arrival at Cus.You then
worked west to GT or Burlington,Sv and then returned eastbound to be handed
another another message at GT,MO,etc to protect brkmn,etc upon return at
Cus.So it was off in the other direction again. It was routine to spend up
to a week in this mode.The wife(girlfriend) would hand you clean clothes at
the Aurora platform. Leo
P.S.-no lie just fact.