NYC

To: "BRHS list" <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: NYC
From: "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:50:43 -0600
The responses to my questions regarding the cars I saw on CSX in Manchester,
Georgia last week were informative and enlightening. The one answering my
question about reporting marks "NYC" was intriguing, and raises more questions.
Could someone please tell me more about this "NYC" business? Do the letters
still stand for New York Central or is "NYC" simply something similar to a
trademark to which CSX is a successor in interest? Or, perhaps it is yet
something completely different? I suspect I am like a lot of other subscribers
to this list in that I am completely in the dark in this area.

Also, if "NYC" has survived, why have not so many other fallen flag symbols
similarly survived?

I know this could probably get pretty involved, but any light on the subject
would be greatly appreciated. -- John