Thru cars on the dinkies

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Thru cars on the dinkies
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:04:20 EST
Anyone know which dinkies shuttled the thru cars from 14th st to the Aurora
shops and back? Growing up on the old east side of Aurora was like living at
the shops as a high percentage of my neighbors were employed there. Next door
was the Zwartz's,he worked as a pattern maker in the pattern shop( I spent
the day with him when he retired and received the grand tour).She worked as a
car cleaner(their kitchen cabinents contained at minimum three complete
serving sets for 6 or 8 of Q china. As a kid I never gave it a thought and
now since they're both gone have no idea where all that china went. A couple
houses down were more shop employees and then I went to school w/the Abens'
whose dad worked in the upholstery shop,etc.etc.
Leo
P.S. If we ever have another Aurora meet: spring or annual I recommend we
try our best to get former shop employees as speakers(Schindelbeck,and many
more come to mind)