Re: [BRHSlist] Question about K line

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Question about K line
From: The Cameron Family <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:40:29 -0500
Robert,
There are a few of us modelling the K-line at different points in
time. I'm not sure why I haven't seen other responses to your
question. There's not a lot of information that I can provide, but I'll
give you what I can in the hopes that it prompts more detail from
others.
I can't tell you anything about the branch or inter-change. As for
commodities shipped, what I've planned to include on my trains 79 and 80
are: reefers between Rutherford Potato in Burlington and St. Louis (a
couple/day), flats and hoppers to and from US Gypsum in Burlington,
cement hoppers moving both directions (through Keokuk, where my layout
is based), as well as a selection of cars carrying angricultural (grain,
stock, feed, fertilizer, machinery) and consumer products (oil,
lumber). Most of what I have planned has to do with specific Keokuk
industries.
Presumably you know from your timetable which passenger trains were
running. The only one that I've looked at in some detail is The
Zephyr-Rocket which went all the way up to the Twin Cities. As far as I
can tell the 1955 consist would have been something like this. A
Burlington E7 or a Rock Island E3,6, or 7, a baggage car and a
baggage-mail (both either Burlington lightweight or RI heavyweight), a
pair of chair cars (one CB&Q, one RI, both lightweight), two Pullmans,
and bringing up the rear a PS lightwieght dining-parlor-observation car
(RI).
I'd be glad to try and answer more specific questions if you have any
about what I've included here. I'm afraid my knowledge doesn't extend
much south of West Quincy.
Duncan Cameron